What is Botox ?
Botox injections are noted primarily for the ability to reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles. They’re also used to treat conditions such as neck spasms (cervical dystonia), excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), an overactive bladder and lazy eye. Botox injections may also help prevent chronic migraines.
Botox injections use a toxin called onobotulinumtoxinA to temporarily prevent a muscle from moving. This toxin is produced by the microbe that causes botulism, a type of food poisoning.
Botox was the first drug to use botulinum toxin. Other products now include abobotulinumtoxinA (Dysport), rimabotulinumtoxinB (Myobloc) and incobotulinumtoxinA (Xeomin). Each is a little different, particularly when it comes to dosage units, so they aren’t interchangeable.
Why It is Done?
- Cervical dystonia. In this painful condition, your neck muscles contract involuntarily causing your head to twist or turn into an uncomfortable position.
- Lazy eye. The most common cause of lazy eye is an imbalance in the muscles responsible for positioning the eye.
- Muscle contractures. Some neurological conditions, such as cerebral palsy, can cause your limbs to pull in toward your center. In some cases, these contracted muscles can be relaxed with Botox injections.
- Hyperhidrosis. In this condition, excessive sweating occurs even when the temperature isn’t hot and you’re not exerting yourself.
- Chronic migraine. If you experience migraines more than 15 days a month, Botox injections may help reduce headache frequency.
- Bladder dysfunction. Botox injections can also help reduce urinary incontinence caused by an overactive bladder.
- Eye twitching. Botox injections may help relieve contracture or twitching of muscles around the eye.
- Pain, swelling or bruising at the injection site
- Headache or flu-like symptoms
- Droopy eyelid or cockeyed eyebrows
- Crooked smile or drooling
- Eye dryness or excessive tearing
Although very unlikely, it’s possible for the toxin in the injection to spread in your body. Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these effects hours to weeks after receiving Botox:
- Muscle weakness
- Vision problems
- Trouble speaking or swallowing
- Breathing problems
- Loss of bladder control
Doctors generally recommend against using Botox when you’re pregnant or breast-feeding. And Botox should not be used in people who are allergic to cow’s milk protein.
How You Prepare?
Tell your doctor if you’ve had any type of Botox injection within the past four months. Also tell your doctor if you take muscle relaxants, sleeping aids or allergy medications. If you take blood thinners, you may need to stop taking them several days before your injection to reduce your risk of bleeding or bruising.
What You Expect?
Before the procedure
Most people don’t feel much discomfort during the procedure. But you may want your skin numbed beforehand, especially if your palms or soles are being treated for excessive sweating. Your doctor might use one or more of various methods available to numb the area, such as topical anesthesia, ice and vibration anesthesia, which uses massage to reduce discomfort.
During the procedure
Botox injections are usually performed in a doctor’s office. Your doctor uses a thin needle to inject tiny amounts of botulinum toxin into your skin or muscles. The number of injections needed depends on many factors, including the extent of the area being treated. Botox injections are usually done in a doctor’s office.
After the procedure
Do not rub or massage the treated areas for 24 hours. This may help prevent the toxin from spreading to a different area. You can return to your normal activities right after the procedure.
Have best treatment from our professional medical team. They are ready to give you best service you deserved.
At the heart of Istanbul, our clinic is the belief that as medical team, we become the advocate of each of our patient’s overall health. Many of our patients came to us because they wanted more then sterile, assembly line medical care. They wanted care from all porfessional doctors who take the time to listen to them, get to know them and work together with them to achieve optimum health and desired look.
You can be certain, this is the level of care you will receive at our clinic. We warmly welcome new patients because we know many individuals and families are feeling lost in the confusion of today’s medical system. we want everyone to know that we are here for you and ready to become your family’s health care advocates.
- Body Sculpture
- Abdominal Etching
- Hair Transplantation
Successful Revision Surgery After a Bad ReconstructionI had great surgery experience by the help of amazing team. Thanks for all. Having best look ever.
Dr. Dundar Does Great WorkI had a my child after a succesfull IVF operation. I want to thank all team for all their effort before during and after treatment.
48 Yrs Old Desired Lift!I did not expect such a result before operation. Now I am more self confident and have great feeling.